What's it Like Working With Play-Well?
Have you ever had a job that was so much fun, it didn’t really feel like work?
- Explore the world.
- Express ourselves.
- Solve problems.
The reason for Play-Well TEKnologies’ success has been our amazingly talented, creative, dedicated employees. We are always looking for the next great instructor! Every day, more and more schools and recreation centers are requesting our classes and camps. We are constantly seeking smart, creative, dynamic people to help fill this demand. We are also looking for instructors who can use their particular backgrounds and interests to enhance the classroom environment. Our instructors have had backgrounds in engineering, education, non-profits, law, the arts. This is a wonderful opportunity to add a distinctive and memorable teaching experience to your resume!
Our instructors should have:
- 2 years of experience working with school-age children.
- flexible schedule with availability between 1:00PM and 5:00PM during the school year. - During the summer, must be available to work from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
- vehicle to transport the Play-Well teaching kit.
- dependability, promptness, and flexibility.
- good rapport with children.
- the ability to maintain discipline while directing the design and building experience.
- thorough understanding of basic scientific and engineering principles.
- love of tinkering and problem solving.
- bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or teaching-related field is desired (open to undergrad and graduate students, with completed degrees or degrees-in-progress).
- secure place to store Play-Well teaching kit.
- ability to carry 60 lb. bins on a consistent basis.
- an inquisitive, fun-loving personality. We like people who are curious about how things work!
Classes are usually scheduled between 1:00PM and 5:00PM during the school year; and between 9:00AM and 5:00PM during the summer. If selected as an instructor, you will start as an assistant instructor while you train, and run your own classes only after you have mastered the curriculum. Expect to work up to 5 days/15 hours a week during the school year, and between 30-40 hours a week during the summer. Expect to work one weekend a month as well.
We are looking for instructors in 23 states. Click the "Apply Now!" button to view the Job Application.
We are seeking dynamic, motivated coordinators to bring more of our awesome programs to more young engineers in each of these areas:
These part-time positions involve teaching in after-school enrichment programs, birthday parties, and summer camps, presenting our program at schools and community centers, seeking out new clients and developing program growth in the area. If there are enough programs available, the position also includes hiring new instructors, training and evaluating them in our quality programs, and scheduling all staff for upcoming programs.
Skills And Competencies
- Self-motivated, extremely well organized, goal focused; able to work autonomously - a self-starter.
- Able to stay organized in a home office; excellent follow through.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy relationships through communication with Play-Well management, facility directors, parents, guardians and students.
- Able to quickly and tactfully respond to questions/concerns from parents, classroom instructors and clients.
- Able to instill calm during high energy classroom situations.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Access to email and cell phone communication.
- Word, Excel, cloud computing.
- Data entry and database management.
- Ability to learn and comprehend all internal IT systems.
Education / Experience / Requirements
- Passion for LEGO and kids
- Must be living in or willing to move to the geographic area that you are applying to
- Educational backgrounds vary. Coursework and/or professional experience in Education, Engineering, Construction, Performance Arts or a related subject. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Successful history working with children in a teaching capacity.
- Work history varies; proficient in classroom instruction, management, training, employee relations, public relations, business and marketing preferred.
- Travel to classes in local area; travel locally or nationally as necessary.
- Reliable transportation a must; secure location to store LEGO kits.
- Lifting up to 50# to store and stock materials; bending, stooping and crawling with children during class instruction.
- Must pass all background and health tests as a condition of employment.
15-20 hours per week during the school year; 30-40 hours per week during the summer
Varies by location. See the appliction for details.
We are currently looking for an instructor/coordinator in Austin. Click the "Apply Now!" button to view the Job Application.
Summer camp teaching assistants must be at least age 14. We are accepting applications now, and will begin filling open positions starting in May 2015. As a teaching assistant, you will make an important contribution to helping our summer camps run smoothly as we help kids learn, innovate and have fun! Assistants help the lead instructor with the basic operations of the camp, guide students through their projects, and help supervise cleanup and sign in/sign out each day. Most camps run for 7 to 8 hours a day.
QualificationsOur assistants should:
- be at least 14 years of age (or older in some areas).
- have reliable transportation.
- have a flexible summer schedule, available full-time for at least 8 weeks, and preferably available full-time for all 10 weeks.
- have experience working with children.
- be dependabe, and prompt.
- be able to lift 30 - 50 lbs.
- have interest in engineering and architecture.
- have experience building with LEGO®.
During the summer, part time, 20 - 40 hours per week . We are accepting applications now with hiring starting in May.
We are looking for assistants in 25 states. Click the "Apply Now!" button to view the Job Application and see if we are hiring in your area.